The vision for Audit Assistant came from a time when director Clive McKegg was carrying out contract audit work - looking for a way to automate and streamline audit work-papers using software tools - the prototype for Audit Assistant was born.
When is became apparent that other auditors could benefit from this, he began to form this into something potentially marketable.
- In 1999 we developed the first commercial version, answering a need for auditors in NZ to produce efficient work-papers that are compliant with the NZ Codified Auditing Standards.
- This was picked up, marketed and supported by Solution 6.
- With the demise of Solution 6, we took back full control in 2003 and updated the product to a new version adding many further features and eventually a Microsoft .NET ‘front end’ - continuing to use Excel for the actual work-papers but with additional functionality
- With the advances in online software technology and the adoption in NZ of the International Auditing Standards we developed the new product incorporating the features of the existing version into a much more powerful and flexible platform - this online version which was launched in March 2009
- At the same time we formed a new company, Audit Assistant Ltd (having previously be operated via Clive's accountancy practice)
- In May 2013 we released the first product on our updated platform aimed at SME audits and suitable for the international market
- We provide Audit Assistant to over 120 New Zealand Audit firms, plus some in Australia and the Pacific Islands
- Our clients range from sole-practitioner firms auditing the smallest local clubs to multi-partner licensed-auditor firms auditing large Issuer companies
- We continue to roll out new versions of this and our other templates based on this platform following the application of new accounting and assurance standards