The vision for Audit Assistant came from a time when director Clive McKegg was carrying out contract audit work - looking for a way to automate and streamline audit work-papers using software tools - the prototype for Audit Assistant was born.
When is became apparent that other auditors could benefit from this, he began to form this into something potentially marketable.
- In 1999 we developed the first commercial version, answering a need for auditors in NZ to produce efficient work-papers that are compliant with the NZ Codified Auditing Standards.
- This was marketed and supported by Solution 6.
- With the demise of Solution 6, we took back full control in 2003 and updated the product to a new version adding many further features and eventually a Microsoft .NET ‘front end’ - continuing to use Excel for the actual work-papers but with additional functionality
- With the advances in online software technology and the adoption in NZ of the International Auditing Standards we developed the new product incorporating the features of the existing version into a much more powerful and flexible platform - this online version which was launched in March 2009
- At the same time we formed a new company, Audit Assistant Ltd (having previously be operated via Clive's accountancy practice)
- In May 2013 we released the first product on our updated platform aimed at SME audits and suitable for the international market
- We provide Audit Assistant to over 120 New Zealand Audit firms, plus we are developing into Australia and the Pacific Islands
- Our clients range from sole-practitioner firms auditing the smallest local clubs to multi-partner licensed-auditor firms auditing large Issuer companies
- We continue to roll out new versions of this and our other templates based on this platform following the application of new accounting and assurance standards
- We partner with reputable providers and consultants to provide the best quality service for the demanding world of assurance services, supporting the NZ economy by using local experts and services (utilising additional offshore backup being the main exception)