We are committed to the ongoing satisfaction of our users . To this end we aim to provide the best quality support and training.
- Most firms are able to start using the software immediately, but find training useful once they have a basic familiarity
- We provide full in-house training for firms in New Zealand as required at fixed cost regardless of location (outside of NZ by negotiation)
- Training is currently done by Clive McKegg, director and one of the founders of Audit Assistant, who is also a qualified CA with audit experience in both large and small contexts
- Training qualifies for CPD hours
- We usually come to a city or region at the request of a user, but to make trip more worthwhile we usually contact all the other users in that area about whether they wish to participate in a training event also (either joint or in-house)
Training options are as follows:
- In-house sessions: for new user firms or existing firms wanting to go through specific areas (customised in house training) or general staff training (basic training - see below). These training sessions are of approximately two hour duration. In-house training costs $495 per firm (plus GST).*
- Joint training sessions: for new users or existing users from a number of different firms - for bringing new staff up to date with the basics of Audit Assistant and for those who want to make sure that they are using all the available features (depends on demand from other firms - tends to work better in larger centres). Cost is dependant on situation, but is charged on a per person basis.
For joint training sessions we have developed one hour training modules around the following:
- Tips for carrying out efficient Review Engagements using Audit Assistant (see video)
- Tips for auditing Tier 3 Public Benefit Entities with SSPs using Audit Assistant (see video)
- Basics of creating custom documents, pages and new job types within Audit Assistant
- Introduction to using Audit Assistant for AML audits (see video)
- More sessions are being developed in live and video formats
Customised in house training:
Sessions may also be customised for specific training needs. Extended sessions may be added for those involved in specific technical areas.
Sessions last for two-hours with a short break in the middle. These sessions are suitable for those who have never used Audit Assistant through to those with experience but who wish to use all the features in the most efficient way.
- Setting up staff
- Client creation and using different templates
- The structure of the workbook
- Specific commands and navigation
- Cross referencing
- Page Conclusion and Review
- Importing trial balance data
- Risk Assessment
- Mapping trial balance data, sub-headings and lead-schedule creation
- Sharing pages with third parties
- Analytical Review
- Transactions importing and testing
- Document and report creation and printing options
- Finalisation and Roll-over
- Bringing forward items in subsequent years
- Items in the side-bar
- Subscription issues
- Finding help
There may be a lead-time of a month or two so that we can coordinate a series of training events with other firms if possible.
*For very small firms or sole practitioners we can combine firms in training to share costs if required. Plus we also do our annual user regional group meet-up and basic training session.
Contact us to make an enquiry.